Friday, May 19, 2006

me as young working adult

I went to the client's office alone today. The thought of being there alone was scary at first, but just before i left, Derrick told me "Don't worry lah, you're so friendly, sure can one" and it kinda gave me a bit of extra inspiration.

So, i left my PA firm and off i went to the client's company carrying along my laptop, documents and handbag. I felt asleep in the taxi and woke up just nice when the uncle driver stopped in front of the fountain. The receptionist gave me a bright smile and asked if she can help me with anything. Remembered what my senior used to say when i followed her last week to client's office, i repeated the same thing, trying to sound professional hahaha "Good morning, I am the auditor from ...". The receptionist smiled again and in her sweet voice, she said "Oh, good morning. Let me show you to your room"

First time I've ever worked like an adult on my own. I know Albert sounded as if it's easy to go to client's place and work alone. But for me, sometimes i can be quite timid, i can only be so thick-skinned towards those i've known for long. The responsibility of carrying my PA firm's image isn't a super easy task for me, all my friends there were shocked when they knew that i had to go alone. And so, i was a bit scared that i might mess things up... It turned out to be fine there though.. heehee..

It was fun having an equiped room just for myself,(but of course everytime like that i'll feel sianz lah, my seniors also said, work alone for long sure will be sianz one)

I tried to find everything I possibly can, so I wouldn't have to disturb the accountant so many times, she's friendly towards me though. And it is actually very fortunate because i do remember mingyong's stories.

For the past two weeks, I've learnt lots of new things, i know weimin can surf net everyday and at certain point of time i wish i could be like him, but after all, there's always a positive aspect behind any hard work. Weimin will be busy very soon, next week i think. Maybe when he has lots of things to do, he'll miss the old idle time hahaha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home