Sunday, April 30, 2006

Platonic Friends


so I went to eat ice cream today with my friend (again!). I love Ben & Jerry's, partly because the company is famous for being environmentally responsible (learnt this in Marketing), and i like their service. All the girls are very friendly. I've been eating so much of Ben & Jerry's, Fri with Thanh Ha at Suntec (New York Super Fudge Chunk and Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ), then at Rayner's auntie's house (Peanut Butter Cup), and today at Great world city (Cherry). But i think i should still be able to eat more, i just love ice cream.



And in the mean time while we were waiting for something, we happened to talk about platonic friends. Is there such thing as platonic friends forever? Some people don't believe that such thing exists, because they reckon at certain point of time, one party (girl or guy) will surely develop a bit of feelings for the other. Well, that happens to a lot of my friends. Friends >>> close friends >>> couple. But the fact that many people develop the relationship further doesn't render platonic friends impossible, does it?

It is natural that human beings are born to be friends, isn't it? and don't you find it rather funny if girls can only be pure friends to girls, and likewise to guys? (the topic on homosexuality is out-of-scope here)

Somehow it is just very simple and obvious for me that platonic friends definitely exist. My friend is super important to me too, i must say. John knows it better than anyone else, and he's absolutely, definitely, positively happy about it.


I can talk to him about everything on earth, about John Lee Wei Chern (one of his most favorite topics), soccer, McLucky FC. I can give him advice over things that apprarently i know better than him. I can call him stupid, idiot, pig and these are also terms that he uses to address me. I can beat him, kick his leg or step on his foot, this he cant do back to me because he won't hit a girl ( he said he treats me like a boy though) so i have an upper hand on this, but it's kinda unfair and i am noble enough not to use physical abuse haha.

I don't like it when he feels lousy. I really don't like it because this is not the way he is. So i try to think of anything i can do to get him out of the mess. John says he's mature enough to decide, i hope so to. John knows him better than i do.

(Yeah lor, stupid you, it's not worth it, John is always there for you... Hee hee, as a gift from me, i'll let him play soccer or talk cock with you everyday when he comes back la. How about that? sounds like a good deal?)

Come back to the topic on platonic friends, i believe that there are many around, those that really have no intention to change the way they view each other, just forever stay as pure friends. I like my friendship with him, but I don't like him the way I like John, the same goes to him. We ourselves know it very well. Of course people may tease us now and then, but just for fun. They also know that there is nothing between us, that John is absolutely the one and only for me, there is no such thing as number 2, or 3, or any other reserves.

I feel bad, and lousy too, when my friend feels down. I don't know if i can do any stupid thing to cheer him up, may be i can sing 'loi loi ka tong' song (i only know 3 sentences of the song), or support New castle instead of Manu, or eat Ben & Jerry's everyday...

Hope everything is gonna be over soon. I like it when it is simple, though i myself have got into many complicated situations too. But at the end of the day, there are a few people i can always turn to. It is just fair to say so i guess. All of us have many many friends and acquaintances, but there can only be a few soulmates, those that we totally trust and rely on and they trust us in
return.

I wanna see my friend being a happy person again. It's always easy to say from an outsider's point of view, but i really want him to be happy. I know i am lucky to have John, and the darkest day can be brightened up with the thought that he's always there for me, but heehee.. John is also there for you too. No doubt of it! And me too, though he's definitely gonna say 'you ah? don't care la, i have Wei chern enough already'


If you wonder why all these puppy pix are here, i'm just seriously having post-exam syndrome, i sleep so much after exams, not that i didn't sleep a lot during exams time, but now i can wake up at 3 pm or 5pm in the afternoon, I dont think a lot of people can do that haha.. and neither do i have any idea why i can sleep so much... tsk tsk, this is definitely not good for the coming Professional Attachment, better draw out a plan to train myself for PA, cannot afford to be late like for 202 or tax seminar... cannot, cannot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home