Wednesday, March 15, 2006

my sister


Sometimes I wanna return to my comfort zone, my sister’s room. There, that is the staircase that leads to my sis's room.The time I stay in her room is more than that in mine. I just didn't like to sleep alone in my room. So, for as far as I could remember, I slept in my sis’s room, ignoring the existence of my own one. My sister loves me even more than she loves herself I think. Since young, she'd already had the habit of letting me choose first whenever my parents gave us anything, from rooms, to holiday trips, to TV channels, toys, and even apples. She can cook whatever I feel like eating, even if it's in the middle of the night, while I've never even tried frying eggs (or maybe I tried once.. I can’t remember), she could also solve all my Maths questions, those super hard, outside syllabus ones.

She could even stay up whole night to fan me with her foolscap. When I was small, the electricity system in VN was quite bad, and sometimes there were power failures in summer (that’s the worst thing that could happen, I hated it to the core), and the amazing thing is she's only 2 and a half years older than me, meaning when I was in primary 3, she was only in primary 5, and she actually sacrificed her sleep to fan me throughout the night so I could sleep peacefully. I really admire her for that. That night when my grandpa passed away, we were alone at home, I was rather scared. But my sister, so young only, was already so brave, trying to cheer me up. When I was small, I always thought that my sis would become a police woman, but nah, she’s now working back home in a bank.

Long time ago, when the city was not so filled up with concrete houses and pavements, my sister liked to pick those wild flowers, daisy especially, my sis loves daisies, from the field next to my house and made a nice flower vase. It never failed to bring a smile to my face whenever I reached home after running around playing those childhood games with my neighbors.


I was super duper good at playing all those ‘silly’ games like five stones, different types of rubber games, marble games, much better than my sis, but she’s darn good at high jump, long jump, standing board jump, and whatever jump plus she could run very fast. That was why my PE marks (in VN, PE grades are counted) were always so low cos the teacher never tested us on those five stones or marble games, he’d rather test us on running and jumping which proved to be a total hazard for me. The only thing I was good at was to lead the class in morning exercise which my PE teacher gave me a perfect score. If only he could test me on the morning exercise through out the year… (the morning exercise was a bit similar to the Singapore workout here … I actually led the Singapore workout in Bishan community centre when I was in sec 3 hahaha)

So many things that my sister has done for me, words can't say it all. As I left home for this land at the age of 14 and slowly grow up to discover that people in the outside world do not treat me the way my sister does, I came to realise how important she is to me, and how I had taken everything for granted, screaming at her for nothing, fighting those 'wars' that she never fought back, the most that she did was to avoid my fits (how horribly violent i was!)....my sis's the best sister on earth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home